The WBCYC is a non-profit, recreational facility, offering sporting programs for the boys and girls of our community in elementary, junior and senior high school. Our Mission is to provide a safe, positive and supportive environment for children to learn and play.
Due to the tireless dedication and vision of our Board of Directors, with support from Senator Owen Johnson, who the building was dedicated to and Babylon Town Supervisor, Steve Bellone, a new facility was built in 2006.
Our new facility boasts an NBA sized gym (The Patrick M. Farrell Gym), recreational room, outdoor street hockey rink and a concession stand. Also, on staff we have a certified Youth Counselor. Because of the aforementioned, the programs we offer have grown and continue to expand.
Currently, we offer sport programs in basketball, street (deck) hockey, lacrosse and volleyball.
- Family Counselor on staff
- Special Needs Program
- Babylon R/C Flyers
- Adult Volleyball League
- 40+ Basketball League
The West Babylon Community Youth Center (WBCYC)
71 Sawyer Avenue
West Babylon, New York
Phone: (631) 661-1333
Other Community Focused Activities
The WBCYC is committed to other numerous fundraising efforts including:
- Adopting families in need in West Babylon during the Holiday Season and providing meals, gifts of toys and clothing
- Supporting the food pantries and donating Thanksgiving meals to families from Our Lady of Grace and Our Lady of Miraculous Medal Churches
- Toys for Tots
- Wounded Warrior Program
- Special Olympic Wheelchair Training
- Sponsor other local Sport Organizations and provide support to West Babylon School District fundraisers
- AED/CPR & First Aid Training
- West Babylon Schools SAT – AP Tests
- Our Lady of Grace – “Simon Sez” community service fundraiser
- Sponsor of Autism United Hope Walk
- Support local Girl Scout Troops
- Donate to West Babylon School District Fundraisers