As Coach, I am aware of the tremendous influence I have over the emotional and physical well being of my players and I will:
Never place the value of winning above the value of instilling sportsmanship and teamwork.
Make sure the playing experience is fun, as well as, educational.
To the best of my ability, provide a safe playing situation for my players.
Treat each player as an individual, remembering the large range of emotional and physical development for the age group that I am working with.
Remind parents that inappropriate conduct during play will result in them being asked to leave the area of play.
As a Volunteer for the WBCYC, I promise to:
- Lead by example in demonstrating fair play and sportsmanship to all my players.
- Support and respect officials, as well as, opposing coaches. I will not indulge in conduct which would incite player or spectators against the officials, other coaches or anyone in connection in play. Public criticism of officials or players is unethical.
- Verbal abuse directed toward any person involved in play (Referees, coaches, players, or parents) by anyone on the team (Referee, coach, or player) WILL BE punishable by IMMEDIATE SUSPENSION from the current game and the following game. This suspension may result in the forfeiture of the season; to be determined by the Youth Center.
- Physical fighting will be punishable by EXPULSION from the league.
- Follow the rules of play as governed by the WBCYC.
The Mission of the West Babylon Community Youth Center is to provide a safe, positive and supportive environment for children to learn and play